Richard Bland College Library
Finding Newspaper Articles
on Biology-Related Topics
• Begin at the library web page: www.rbc.edu/library.
• Select “Articles and Books” listed under RESEARCH.
• Select “Article Databases from VIVA.”
• Select “Factiva.”
LOGGING IN FROM OFF CAMPUS
• When selecting “Factiva,” note that there are two links: an on-campus link and an off-campus
link. Logging in when off-campus is similar to email & Blackboard.
• For the purposes of database access, students in the residence halls are considered off-campus.
• To limit your search to major US newspapers and magazines, begin your search with the follow-
ing: rst=TMNBUS and
• Then enter terms to search such as environmentalists or cancer or DNA or biologists, etc.
• Restrict the date as necessary.
• Click “Run Search” when ready to execute your search.
• To print an entire article, select “Article Format” rather than “Headline Format.”
LIBRARIANS ARE HERE TO HELP! firstname.lastname@example.org | 804-862-6226
Guide created January 2009.