CITY OF BREMERTON
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Finance Officer
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
Range 14: $4,903 – $5,973
Under the direction of the Finance Officer responsible for professional accounting work
in all City departments. Plans, manages and directs the preparation, analysis and audit of
financial records to ensure completeness and conformance with established accounting
practices. Manages and directs accounting and financial reporting systems and staff in
conformance with applicable statutes, regulations and policies.
REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement and administer financial systems Citywide in accordance with sound
accounting practices, state rules and regulations, and city ordinances, policies and
regulations. Assess automated financial reporting systems and enhancements
needed for more effective or efficient processing of accounting transactions and
reports. Participate in the selection of new financial systems. Initiate requests for
and implement system enhancements.
• Plan, supervise and participate in the preparation of annual and interim financial
statements and reports using generally accepted accounting principles and
governmental accounting standards.
• Hire, Supervise and evaluate accounting staff. Provide for the training of
citywide staff in accounting related tasks.
• Implement policies, procedures, and standards for the efficient and effective
operation of city accounting activities. Make recommendations to Finance
Officer for changes to existing policies and procedures and assist in
implementation of changes in other areas.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual City budget.
• Assist the Finance Officer in research and analysis related to financial activities as
• Review accounting entries prepared by Finance staff and other departments for
accuracy and appropriateness.
• Provide technical advic