AGREEMENT FOR SHARED CUSTODY
Petitioner, _________[petitioner], and Respondent _________[respondent],
are in the process of dissolving their marriage. In an attempt to provide for the
best interest of their minor children, _________[name children and state ages]
the parties voluntarily enter into the following agreement:
1. We believe that both of us are fit and proper parents to be awarded legal
custody of our minor children, _________[name child(ren)].
1. The parties are both fit and proper persons to have the care, custody and
control of the minor children, _________[name child(ren)].
2. We agree to advance the welfare and the best interests of our child(ren).
We realize that our divorce may be a painful and traumatic event for them. We
wish to try to reduce the trauma by demonstrating our continuing desire and
ability to coparent. We agree not to undermine the respect and affection the
children have for the other parent.
3. We believe it is in our children's best interests to share the physical and
legal custody of our children.
3. Considering the best interests of our children, we agree to rest the physical
and residential care of the minor children with _________[specify parent] with
paternal access and parental rights in _________[specify parent] as specified in
4. To provide for continuity during the school year, since _________[specify
parent] intends to be living outside of the city limits, the residence of the children
shall be with _________[name] from one week before the beginning of school
until one week after school has terminated. _________[Name] will have the
primary day-to-day responsibility for the guidance and upbringing of the children
during the school year.
5. The residence of the children shall be with _________[specify parent]
during the summer months from one week after school is out until one week
before school begins. _________[Name] shall have the primary day-to-day
responsibility for the guidance and upbringing of the children durin