F" d 03/1
Page 1 of 2
AFFIDAVIT OF ALGIE DEHART
I, ALGIE DEHART, upon the penalty of perjury, affirm the following statements:
1. I am the mother-in-law of Thomas J. Vesce, the owner of The Original Log Cabin
Homes Ltd., the plaintiff in this case. Thomas J. Vesce is the husband of my daughter,
Denise Vesce. Iam the wife of the personally named defendant in this case, David
Delfart, and the mother of the other personally named defendant in this case, Edmund
2. I am a full-time house-wife, and have been for many years.
3.1 am not, nor have I ever been, an employee or officer of the defendant company, "Log
Cabin Homes USA". My husband, David DeHart is the owner of the defendant company,
"Log Cabin Homes USA". Furthermore, I have had no knowledge or control over any of
the business dealings or marketing of Log Cabin Homes USA.
4. Upon information, belief and personal knowledge, my son-in-law, Thomas 1.
Vesce, is out on a "mission" of sorts, with his present lawsuit against us, to do harm to
his in-laws, by causing us financial, emotional, and reputation injury.
5. I underwent a shoulder reconstroction surgery in 200 1, and now am considering the
possibility of knee-replacement surgery, as I am suffering from the complications of
aging in my knee. I take medications for hypertension as well as muscle relaxants.
Although my body is aging, I am thankful for every day that I have.
6. I and my husband have always offered our house to our son-in-law, Thomas J. Vesce,
Case 5:07-cv-00S04-FL Document 28-3
F" d 03/14/
Page 2 of 2
for visits and stays. The children children of Thomas J. Vesce have visited our house
times, and recently have spent the night with me and my husband.
I am forever happy to see the family, and enjoy attending their school and athletic
8. At 78 years of age, tomorrow is anything but certain for me. With what remaining
years of life that I have left, I wish to enjoy every precious second of my time with my