Service Repair Manual
350 and 350L EXCAVATOR
Model: 350 L EXCAVATOR 9DK
Configuration: 350 350L TRACK-TYPE EXCAVATORS 9DK00001-00300 (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3306 ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
350 AND 350 L EXCAVATOR MACHINE SYSTEMS
Media Number -SENR6148-04
Publication Date -01/11/2004
Date Updated -12/03/2010
SMCS - 4351-010; 4351-017
Remove & Install Travel Motors
a. remove travel brake valves
1. Disconnect hose assemblies (1) and (2) from the travel motor. Put plugs in the hose assemblies
to prevent oil loss and to keep dirt and debris out of the hydraulic system.
350 350L TRACK-TYPE EXCAVATORS 9DK00001-00300 (MACHINE) POWERE...
NOTE: Four bolts hold the travel motor to the final drive.
2. Remove bolts (3) and (4).
3. Fasten Tool (A), a lifting sling and a hoist to the travel motor as shown.
4. Install two 20 mm diameter threaded rods (5) that are approximately 457 mm (18 in) long in
the bolt holes for bolts (3) and (4).
NOTE: It may be necessary to adjust the lifting sling and chain assembly used to remove the
travel motor so the unit will be level at all times.
5. Remove the two remaining bolts that hold the travel motor in position. Slide travel motor (6)
out on the threaded rods. Remove the travel motor from the machine. If necessary readjust the
chain assembly and lifting sling to keep the unit level. The weight of the travel motor is 125 kg
6. Remove O-ring seal (7) from the final drive.
NOTE: The following steps are for the installation of the travel motor.
7. Check the condition of O-ring seal (7). If the seal is damaged, use new parts for replacement.
8. Install O-ring seal (7) in final drive. Lubricate the seal with clean hydraulic oil.
9. Fasten Tool (A), a lifting sling and a hoist to travel motor (6). Make sure the travel motor is
level. Put the travel motor in position in the final