Oklahoma State Department of Health
Protective Health Services
OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Instructions for making application as a Licensed Genetic Counselor (LGC)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: Your application for licensure must be returned by mail* to the Professional Counselor
Licensing Division in packet form. This means that all forms and university transcript(s) must be submitted together in one
envelope. Below is a recommended sequence for completing your application:
1. Study the Act and Regulations included in your materials. These documents describe the particulars of your application and direct
your professional behavior as a licensee. You may download a copy at http://pcl.health.ok.gov.
2. Request fingerprint cards from the office of Professional Counselor Licensing by contacting Carolyn Martin at
CarolynKM@health.ok.gov with your name and mailing address.
3. Complete your part of the three documents of recommendation and distribute them to the appropriate third parties, then retrieve
the signed documents from the third party for submission to the Department.
4. University transcript – request that an official copy of your transcript showing completion of your genetic counseling degree be
mailed to you from the university registrar. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope with the registrars stamp over the flap.
Include the unopened envelope from the registrar in your application packet.
If applicable, provide verification of active candidate status from the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC).
If applicable, provide verification of board certification from the ABGC or the American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG).
7. Complete the application form and the license request form and affix your personal check, money order or cashier's check, made
payable to the "LGC Revolving fund", for the application fee in the area designated. The application fee is $300.00.
8. For your own protection: