Castrol Syntilo 9918
Castrol SyntiloTM 9918 is a pH-neutral synthetic coolant which has been developed for use as a grinding and
heavy duty machining fluid for ferrous and non ferrous metals. Syntilo 9918 produces minimal mist and generates
little fluid carry out, resulting in longer turnover rates and low product usage.
Syntilo 9918 is recommended for grinding, honing, milling, turning, boring, drilling, and light tapping on ferrous
and non ferrous alloys.
• Neutral pH protects aluminum and other aerospace alloys and promotes strong operator acceptance
• Low foaming in all water conditions
• Inhibits microbial growth to extend fluid life in central systems and individual sumps
• Rejects tramp oil to the surface of the fluid for easy removal
• Chlorine, phenol and nitrite free for environmental compliance
• Maintains corrosion protection in hard water
• Multi-metal product will perform on majority of machining and grinding applications
Typical physical characteristics
ASTM D 1298
1.060 – 1.080
Mineral oil content
7.4 – 7.8
22.03.2006, Version Number 1.0
Castrol, the Castrol logo and Syntilo are trademarks of Castrol Limited.
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information contained in this publication is accurate as of the date
of printing. However, such information may, nevertheless, be affected by changes in the blend formulation occurring
subsequent to the date of printing. Material Safety Data Sheets are available for all Castrol Ltd products. The MSDS must
be consulted for appropriate information regarding