This booklet is a resource designed for a new
leader to help make it through those first couple of
troop meetings before a Basic Leadership and a
Daisy Program Age Level Training is completed.
Welcome to Girl Scouts!
Thank you for volunteering your time to invest in a group of girls! Hope-
fully this kit will help you get through the first couple of meetings and give
you an example of how to plan future ones. This resource will help you start
meeting with the girls even if you have not yet completed all of the required
Basic Leadership Training and secured the Guide for Daisy Girl Scout
Leaders and Daisy Girl Scout Leaders Activity Book. We hope that your
Girl Scout experience will be a positive one as you help girls grow strong! If
you have any questions or need any help please contact
Tips for getting your troop started:
• For safety reasons, there must be 2 adults at every meeting. Have a co-
leader, assistant leader or another registered adult helper at every
• Create a “Troop Box” of materials that will be used at every meeting.
• Recite the Promise at every meeting to help the girls learn it and live
• Show the girls examples of the uniform they might wear and the petals
they will be earning.
• Tell the girls what they are going to do at the next meeting so that they
will be excited to come back.
Τo prevent you from being overwhelmed, get help from the girls’ par-
ents to serve in different troop committee positions.
Girl Scout Promise:
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
Girl Scout Law:
I will do my best to be:
Honest and fair
Friendly and helpful,
Considerate and caring,
Courageous and strong, and
Responsible for what I say and do,
Respect myself and others,
Use resources wisely,
Make the w