Virginia Automatic Extension Payment
2601035 REV 9/07Offi ce Use Only
New Filer or Address Has Changed
Fiscal Year Filer
Your Social Security Number
Spouse’s Social Security Number
MI Last Name
Spouse First Name
MI Spouse Last Name
Address (Number and Street) of Taxpayer
City, State And ZIP Code
Save the stamp.
Make your extension payment on our website:
Be sure to sign the back of this form and
If you owe tentative tax, use our website:
www.tax.virginia.gov. It is the quickest and most
convenient way to pay your tax.
Virginia automatically grants all taxpayers a six-month
extension of time to fi le their income tax return.
• For calendar year fi lers, the fi ling date is automatically extended
to November 1.
• You are NOT required to fi le Form 760IP in order to obtain this
• You must pay any tentative tax due by May 1.
• An extension of time to fi le does NOT extend the amount of
time you have to make your payment.
• Penalties and interest will accrue on all late payments.
Purpose of Form 760IP
Form 760IP, Automatic Extension Payment, is a payment coupon
and worksheet that provides taxpayers who are unable to fi le their
individual income tax return by May 1 a means of calculating and
remitting a payment to avoid penalty and interest.
Who Must File Form 760IP
Form 760IP is required if ALL of the following apply to you:
1. You cannot fi le your individual income tax return by the due
2. You owe tax (this is determined by completing the Tax Payment
Worksheet on the back of this page); and
3. You submit your payment by paper check or money order (i.e.,
you do not use any electronic means, such as iFile, to make
Do not fi le Form 760IP if you determine that you do NOT owe
additional tax, or you make your extension payment electronically
Completing Form 760IP
Complete the Tax Computation Worksheet on the bac