CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: Represented
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the
class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of technical work in the fields of current and long range
planning; to provide information and assistance to developers, the business community and the public
regarding planning, zoning, growth management and development issues; to work at a centralized public
counter in the provision of various technical planning information; and to perform a variety of tasks
relative to assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these
tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Provide responsible customer service in planning related matters; inform appraisers and realtors of
zoning and density codes that apply to specific pieces of property; research issues requested from
developers regarding land use applications.
2. Respond to general requests from the public regarding development codes and regulations; research
specific property issues; receive land use applications; verify applications for completeness and
3. Assist in coordinating the various phases of development projects with various City departments;
provide staff with maps, reports and other materials necessary for development review and
4. Assist in coordinating the final approval of new development projects; verify compliance with
conditions of approval as it relates to the final plat; provide final acceptance information to the
5. Assist in monitoring the progress of developments from pre-application through final acceptance of
each phase; prepare rough draft of Planning Commission and City Council