ADMINISTRATIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
Confidential Accounting Associate in Business Affairs
Accounting Department/Business Affairs Division
General Ledger (GL)
1. Post cash receipts journal entries and close the GL for the month, run and bind
2. Verify the GL for accuracy and make corrections that are needed.
3. Work with NEA on-line or accounting problems.
4. Reconcile depository, disbursing, payroll, accounts payable clearing account (a/c
2101), and vision insurance bank accounts monthly.
5. Print year to date expense account reports as needed for department managers.
6. Update information in chart of accounts and print updated lists.
7. Enter new budget data effective July 1 each year.
8. Close the GL for the fiscal year end after June is posted and financial reports have
9. Make retroactive audit adjustments in October dated June 30 after the fiscal year audit
is completed then run restated GL report. Reverse necessary YE AJE’s effective July 1
of next fiscal year.
1. Assist the Assistant Executive Director and Manager of Business Affairs with labor
relations, including maintain files for collective bargaining, grievance processing (for
all program managers), and other labor relations activities. Maintain confidentiality
of all such files.
2. Advise TEA management’s bargaining teams and serve as a member of the
bargaining team if requested.
Make new hire packets and assist new employees with getting new records in order
(payroll, insurance, retirements, direct deposit, savings bonds, 401K plan, flex benefits,
1. Schedule pay dates for calendar year with Automatic Data Processing (ADP).
2. Schedule special reports from ADP.
3. Update payroll worksheets and call in PR for the 15th and next to the last working day
of each month on scheduled dates.
4. Receive PR checks and all records from ADP, file records, mail or pass out checks
and make journal entries to book the payroll.
5. The payr