The User Survey
Dear Trail User:
The Allegheny Trail Alliance (ATA), a consortium of trail groups, has commissioned
the University of Pittsburgh to do a use and impact study of the trail system. Would you
please help the Alliance by filling out this short survey and mailing it in the self-addressed
envelope provided? Check out the ATA web site, http://www.atatrail.org for current
information on trail segments, parking, amenities, necessities, etc.
Thank you in advance,
Steve Farber, PhD
Trail Study Director
1. How many persons came with you in this vehicle today? ____ persons
2. What was your groups’ primary use of the trail today (check only one)?
Bike ___ Hike/Walk ___
River Access ___ Did Not Use ___
3. How far did you drive, ONE WAY, to come to this trailhead? ____ miles
4. How many miles did you go, ONE WAY, on the trail today? ____ miles
5. How many hours were you on the trail today? _____ hours
6. If you came to bike, how many persons in your vehicle brought bikes? ____ persons
7. How many persons in your vehicle rented bikes for this trip? _____ persons
8. Did your group, or will your group, purchase food, gasoline, clothing, etc., in communities
along the trail or trailhead today? Yes___
8a. If YES, what will be the total spending of your whole group in this community today?
Please use the following categories:
Food and drink
Other (sunscreen, film, etc) $______
9. How many trips has each person in your vehicle made to this trailhead this calendar year?
You____ Person 2___ Person 3___ Person 4___ Person 5___ Person 6___
10. How many persons in your vehicle are in the following age categories?
under 10 10-20
21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 over 60