Creating and Managing Gifts in RAPID
Monetary and Equipment Gift Acceptance Package
All Monetary and Equipment Gifts to the Laboratory are reviewed and accepted using the
RAPID Proposal Pages.
Gift Setup: The Sponsored Projects Contracts Officer is responsible for the review
Gift data entry in RAPID and entering the Gift acceptance data into RAPID.
1. Setting up the Donor:
A. If the Donor is not setup in the RAPID Sponsor Table, the SPO Gift Coordinator
has the Donor set up following the Sponsor Setup Process
2. Proposal Header
A. Enter Proposal Header
1. Proposal Type: Select either “New Gift” and “Follow on Gift”
2. Proposal Purpose Code: Select either “GIFTS” for Monetary Gifts or “EGIFT”
for Equipment Gifts
3. Proposal Project
A. Enter the Proposal Project as outlined in the
1. Project ID: Enter a Division designated Project ID for a Monetary Gift or
“EQUIPMENTGIFT” for an Equipment Gift.
2. The title should be the same as in the Proposal Header Panel
3. Institution ID is always UC/Lawrence Berkeley Nat’l Lab since the gifts are to
the University of California/Lawrence Berkeley Nat’l Lab.
4. There is one Project per award because each gift is usually processed
4. Proposal Reports
A. Enter the Proposal Abstract
1. Purpose of the Gift: Enter the purpose of the Gift under the Abstract Report
Type in the Reports Panel. It must reflect the purpose outlined in the Donor’s
5. Proposal Documents
A. Donor Letters and other documents can be attached to the Gift.
6. Proposal Certifications
1. Certification Panel: Complete Animals, Conflict of Interest, Human Subjects, and
NEPA/CEQA Certifications Review.
2. DOE approval of a gift is not required.
3. Certifications must be completed and all the issues resolved prior to the
acceptance of the Gift.
9. Budget Header and Periods
1. Target Sponsor Budget: Enter the same value as in the Donor Letter (or check)
or Enter the value of the Equipment G