Seat No. : _______________
Time : 3 Hours]
[Max. Marks : 70
A. Give answers to the following :
(1) What is Communication ?
(2) Mention any four of the objectives of communication.
(3) Explain the importance of feedback in the process of communication.
written communication ?
(2) Mention any four of the advantages of written communication.
(3) Explain Paralanguage as a non-verbal form of communication.
Do as directed :
(1) Capitalize appropriate letters, arrange the details in proper order and write
the following address in the block form with closed punctuation :
ishan brothers, bombay, fort, indian building, the sales manager, 200645
(2) Write today’s date using ordinal numbers with closed punctuation marks.
(3) Make the offer firm :
“We shall allow you 10% discount”.
(4) Write the message more clearly :
“We will send you a cheque for an appropriate amount”.
(5) State whether the following statements are true or false :
Rainbow Traders is a personal title.
‘Esq’ is written before the name of a person.
Appearance counts in a business letter.
(6) Match the items in Column-A with their counterparts in Column-B :
(c) Business jargon
(iv) Dear Sir
(d) Personal notation
Write any two of the following letters :
A. Royal Furniture, Ahmedabad, wish to purchase steel furniture from Uttam Steels,
Mumbai. Draft a letter inquiring about prices and terms.
B. Write a letter to Maharaja Fruit Suppliers, Valsad, complaining about the shortage
in the weight of the mangoes sent by them.