Original Tutorial by idumbakumar (SE-NSE)
Instead of begging SE to get a 3.5mm jack build in its an attempt to build it on my k810i. and finally its even
possible in reality... thats how i made it..
so guys here we go.
1. Sony Ericsson Phone.
2. 3.5mm jack which is from nokia 5800/n80/n82 etc..
3. insulated Wire need to make the connections from fast port to 3.5mm jack.
4. micro soldering equipment and skill.
5. screw driver
6. chopping knife/blade/drill.
These are the main connections from the fast port to 3.5mm jack
here we have only 6 Pins from Fast port but we have 5 pins only in3.5mm jack so we no need consider the ground,but
still the connection works. the two ground point act as a link for headset detection(which is mantatory). then the link
will be acting as a ground here.
here's view of the main PCB facing camera on TOP disaply and keypad in the bottom
(please note this u may swap the connections)
here's is the 3.5mm jack connections
1. disassemble ur K810i carefully and make it bare, means remove display/Keyboard/Centre case
like this... u must have to keep the PCB alone.
2. take 5 thin insulated wires(probably u can find in damaged headsets) solder it in the fast port and solder the other
Ends as per the connection diagram. and route those wires to the top part as shown. now put the centre case to keep
it fixed. make sure they are not shorted here keep the ground for future modifications.
3. now take the speaker of k810i and chop the plastics carefully to get 3.5mm jack accomadated(shown in figure)
note there is an antenna contact is on the bottom PCB. so then the bottom of 3.5mm jack now touches the pin on the
PCB. so u have to make a connection that connects both PCB pin and speaker antenna pin to make the signal strength
not getting affected.be careful the antenna pin sholud not collapse with connections,,, so face the connection parts
UP and plastic