Industrial Revolution Web quest
The Industrial Revolution was a time of dramatic change,
from hand tools and handmade items, to products which were
mass produced by machines. Workers became more
productive. Since more items were manufactured, prices
dropped, making exclusive and hard to make items available to
the poor and not only the rich and elite. Life generally
improved, but the Industrial Revolution also proved harmful.
Pollution increased, working conditions were harmful, and
factory owners employed women and young children, making
them work long and hard hours. The Industrial Revolution was
a time for change, for better or worse.
This WebQuest is dedicated to the Industrial Revolution, the
changes that occurred, and how it effected modern life. This
WebQuest demonstrates the transition from hand tools to
machines and shows the pros and cons of the revolution.
Before you begin your assignment, take a quick tour of the
Directions: Save this document onto your “myhome”. You should
already have a folder, if not create one for my class. You will be
completing this assignment without paper and pencil. Make sure that
you increase the spacing between the questions. You will turn in a
completed word document upon completion. Utilize the resources at the
bottom of the page to complete this assignment.
1. What was the Industrial Revolution?
2. Describe what child labor is.
3. What was the common age range for child labor?
4. What was the pay per week?
5. How many were employed in the United States?
6. Create a list that describes the working conditions in factories. At
least 5 conditions.
7. What was the class (wealth) structure and where did they live?
8. Find 2 inventors and discuss:
a. Who were they?
b. What did they invent?
c. When was their invention created?
d. Where was it created?
e. Why was it important at that time?
f. How did it influence today?
9. What were Labor unions used