CVS Makina. Company Presentation
• CVS provides turn-key plants and
SHOPS and ROLLING MILLS for
Gebze (Istanbul), Turkey
• Employees: 700 people (>200 engineers)
€ 75,000,000.00 (year 2008)
• Manufacturing area:
New developments in steel
CVS has developed a new type of
super-flexible EAF base
The Super-Flexible EAF base
• CVS has supplied the same category of
E.A.F. to three steel-plants
• All EAF’s were designed as rated 130 t
capacity equipped with the latest
technologies in terms of metallurgical,
mechanical, electrical and automation
Main Design Concept
• Nr. of scrap bucket charge : 2
• Tapping weight : 130 t
• TTT : 40 min.
• Tapping temp. : 1600-1620°C
• Hot heel amount : 20-40 t
Tap-to-Tap Time Cycle
• Charging : 3 min.
• Tapping : 3 min.
• Preparation : 4 min.
(EBT filling, gunning, etc.)
Power - off Time : 10 min.
Power - on Time : 30 min.
TTT : 40 min.
Plant layout concepts
The plant layout is studied to obtain the
below results :
•Adequate size of area occupied
•Adequate number of personel required
•Optimum productivity and limited cost
•Future extension possibility
E.A.F. main features
• The main core of the steelmaking is EAF, the
complexity is coming from various types and
blends of scraps and scrap substitutes such as
DRI and HBI.
• Additional chemical energy based on carbon,
fuel and oxygen is used as substitute of electric
• Due to the dynamic process input energy should
be controlled carefully.
• Slag stability
• Control the slag foaming by controlling
• High impedance application
• SIM-ARC electrode regulation design
Other Features of E.A.F.:
• Hot heel practice
• Control of liquid steel
• Chemical e