contaminated with methylbutenol
Safety Data Sheet
1. Product and Company Identification
palladium/lead catalyst, contaminated with methylbutenol
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
+41-61/688 54 80
+41-61/681 72 76
2. Composition/Information on ingredients
mixture of approx. 60 % palladium/lead catalyst contaminated with
40 % methylbutenol
pure catalyst contains 8% lead and 5% palladium
~ 60 %
R20/22, R33, R51/53, R61,
S45, S53, S60, S61
EINECS: 204 068 4
~ 40 %
R11, R22, R36
3. Hazards identification
Most important hazards
- Highly flammable.
- Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.
- Danger of cumulative effects.
- Irritating to eyes.
- Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects
in the aquatic environment.
- May cause harm to the unborn child.
- Possible risk of impaired fertility.
Replacing edition of:
Date: 16.11.04/CSE (SEISMO)
palladium/lead catalyst, contaminated with
4. First-aid measures
- rinse immediately with tap water for 10 minutes - open eyelids
- consult physician
- remove immediately contaminated clothes, wash affected skin
with water and soap - do not use any solvents
- remove the casualty to fresh air and keep him/her calm
- in the event of symptoms get medical treatment
Note to physician
- symptomatic treatment and administration of antidote
- D-penicillamine or calcium dinatrium EDTA i.v.
5. Fire-fighting measures
Suitable extinguishing media
- water spray jet, dry powder, foam, carbon dioxide
- vapours can form an explosive mixture with air
- the heavy vapours can move considerable distances up to an
- heating containers will cause press