MEMORIAL POLICY & APPLICATION
The Director of Hillsborough County Park & Recreation Department or the Director of
Conservation & Environmental Lands Management Department are the approving authority for
placement for all donor contributed memorials on respective Hillsborough County park
The Friends of Hillsborough County Parks is an not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated
solely to fundraising to assist various Parks, Recreation & Conservation activities. The Friends'
organization will be the recipient of any donations for approved memorials, and then
responsible for the purchase and delivery of memorial items to the accepting Park property.
Excerpts of the Memorial Policy (entire policy is at the end of this document):
1. Memorials which may negatively impact the park visitor experience, park use and
enjoyment of park facilities, shall not be approved.
2. Donated memorials should benefit the general public as a first priority with the benefit to
the donor or honoree as a secondary priority.
3. All memorials shall honor deceased individuals only.
4. All requests for donation of memorials shall be submitted in writing to the Parks
Planning and Development Manager for review via the Friend of County Parks website.
(Web form below)
5. The Parks Planning and Development Manager shall review donated memorial requests
based on park development standards, material durability, maintenance requirements,
visual impacts, and safety and accessibility requirements.
6. All costs associated with installation of donated memorials shall be borne by the Donor
unless otherwise directed by the PRD Director.
7. Pre-approved donations items are identified in this policy. Citizen may request other
memorial items, such a brick pavers, but they must be approved by Park Dept.
8. Parks Staff shall maintain donated memorials at the level consistent with current park
operations and maintenance, within the expected life cycle of the installed item.
9. The PRD shall not bear responsibi