EXECUTIVE INCENTIVE PLAN
( Amended & Restated as of January 1, 2010)
Section I. Establishment and Purpose
HickoryTech Corporation, a Minnesota corporation (the "Company"), has established, effective January
1, 1989, the HICKORYTECH EXECUTIVE INCENTIVE PLAN, which has since been amended (the
The purpose of this Plan is to provide a means whereby key executives of the Company may be
rewarded according to their impact on, and contribution to, the operating success of the Company and its
component organizations. It is also the purpose of this Plan to motivate such executives to achieve a
continuing, high level of personal effectiveness.
Section II. Definitions, Gender and Number
As used in this Plan, the following terms are defined as indicated unless the context clearly requires a
1. " Adjusted Cash Flow" means EBITDA less CAPEX.
2. " Annual Award " means the total annual cash award earned under the provisions of this Plan.
3. " Board of Directors " or " Board " means the Board of Directors of the Company.
4. " Chair " means the Chair of the Board of the Company.
5. " Committee " or " Compensation Committee " means a committee appointed by and responsible to the
Board to administer this Plan, among other things, and whose members shall be ineligible to participate in
6. " Company " means Hickory Tech Corporation, a Minnesota corporation and any successor thereto,
including all Subsidiaries.
7. " EBITDA " means earnings before interest expense, income taxes, depreciation, and amortization, and it
includes employee Team Award expense.
B. Gender and Number
Except when otherwise indicated by the context, any masculine terminology when used in the Plan shall
also include the feminine gender, and the definition of any term h