CITY OF CHELAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Public Works Director
ADOPTED/REVISED DATE: March 8, 2001
SALARY GRADE: PTS 61
This person will protect the City’s interest by inspecting major construction projects and assuring
that specifications are met and quality facilities are built.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews project construction plans and specifications.
Inspects ongoing work to assure that it meets specifications.
• Coordinates with consulting engineers, contractors and the Public Works Director in respect to
project construction issues.
• Keeps the Public Works Director and the consulting engineers informed about concerns that
arise at the project.
• Keeps accurate and comprehensive daily reports on construction progress.
• Keeps and maintains files on pertinent construction documents.
• Records asbuilt information through documentation and photography.
• Performs other related duties as needed.
Work is normally performed in an office and in outside environments subject to weather conditions
and in-progress construction hazards.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• Considerable experience and knowledge in construction technologies.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to render fair and impartial interpretations and decisions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consulting
engineers and contractors.
Graduation from an accredited high school or General Education Development
Experience and knowledge in municipal project inspection.
Valid Washington State Drivers License with driving record free from serious or frequent violation.
The statements contained herein reflect general details, as necessary to describe the principal