Resources to expand your business
Why you are here
•You currently export
•You wish to begin exporting
•You want to learn more about exporting
A successful exporter has…
-a viable foreign market for its product
-access to financing
-the ability to get paid
-a globally competitive operation
What we will cover
• Identifying foreign markets and newly
COM and USEAC
• Understanding how to get paid and how to
access working capital
• Loan and working capital programs geared to
small business exporters and start-up
• Exportech and Eureka! How to make your
operation competitive globally
U.S. Commercial Service
We work together, collaborate, and
play to our strengths to serve you best…
• 95% of potential customers are outside the U.S.
• Exports accounts for 13% GDP in 2008
• 1 out of every 5 manufacturing jobs is connected to
• U.S. merchandise exports to our 30 largest export markets
increased 11% in 2008
• Exports to Brazil, Chile, Switzerland, Colombia, Netherlands
and Venezuela increased by 20% during that period.
• Let us be a resource to you to get your share!
Trade specialists in 109 U.S. cities and
in 77 countries worldwide ...
headquarters in Washington
We can ...
• Find overseas buyers, distributors, agents, JVs, licensees
• Provide expert help at every stage of the export process
• Help you to enter new markets faster and more profitably
U.S. Embassies & Consulates
US and foreign staff work together in US Embassies & Consulates in
80 countries to make connections with local business & government
We can help…
•Advise on market potential
•Conduct market research
•Find sales channels & business partners
•Identify & assist with legal/regulatory hurdles
•Learn about cultural issues & business protocol
U.S. Export Assistance Centers
Trade specialists in nearly every state – work with overseas
colleagues to get the information and advice you need.