Appendix F Sample Sublease
SAMPLE SUBLEASE AGREEMENT
1. PARTIES. This agreement is made in Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia, on
_________________, 200_, by and between the Sublessor, ___________________________, and the
Sublessee, _______________________, for rent and responsibilities of the Premises located at
_______________________, Morgantown, West Virginia.
2. TERM. The term of this sublease shall commence on ______________________,
200_, and terminate on _______________, 200_.
3. RENT. Sublessee agrees to pay the landlord a total sum of $___________ in monthly
installments of $_____________ each in advance on the ______ day of each month
beginning on ____________, 200_.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT. The Sublessee shall deposit with the Sublessor the total sum of
$___________, which is security for the faithful performance of the sublease. Sublessee shall
be entitled to a full refund of this security deposit if the amounts due under this sublease are
paid and if the Premises are returned in the same condition as accepted, except for ordinary
wear and tear. In order to avoid disagreements regarding the condition of the Premises,
Sublessee should prepare an inventory checklist of the items furnished, the condition of these
furnishings, and the condition of the entire Premises.
5. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SUBLESSEE. Sublessee also agrees to abide by the
obligations and responsibilities as outlined in the dwelling lease of the Sublessor, a copy of
which is attached hereto for reference.
6. CONSENT OF THE LANDLORD AND OTHER TENANTS. Sublessor and Sublessee
hereby acknowledge that the landlord and the other tenants have granted their consent to this
The parties, by signing below, hereby represent that they have fully read and fully
understood the foregoing sublease and they acknowledge receipt of a signed copy of the