This product does not require an MSDS and we do not have MSDS to offer.
Please use this email as confirmation. We have datasheets and technical
information available online through www.scbt.com. Please let me know
if you need further assistance.
HA-probe (Y-11): sc-805
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
1.800.457.3801 831.457.3800 fax 831.457.3801 Europe
+00800 4573 8000 49 6221 4503 0 www.scbt.com
Plasmid vectors for the expression of coding regions of eukaryotic genes in
bacterial, insect and mammalian hosts are in common usage; such expres-
sion vectors are frequently used to encode hybrid fusion proteins consisting
of a eukaryotic target protein and a specialized region designed to aid in the
purification and visualization of the target protein. For example, the pCDM8
expression vector and derivatives thereof encode fusions between the target
protein and an eleven amino acid peptide derived from the influenza protein
hemaglutinin (HA). The HA epitope tag is useful in Western blotting and
immunohistochemical local-ization of expressed fusion proteins when exam-
ined with antibodies raised specifically against the HA-epitope tag.
1. Maniattis, T., et al. 1982. Molecular Cloning. Cold Spring Laboratory, Cold
Spring Harbor, NY.
2. Hopp, T.P., et al. 1988. A short polypeptide marker sequence useful for
recombinant protein identification and purification. Biotechnology 6:
3. Smith, D.B., et al. 1988. Single-step purification of polypeptides expressed
in Escherichia coli as fusions with glutathione S-transferase. Gene 67:
4. Kieffer, B.I. 1991. Optimised cDNA size selection and cloning procedure
for the construction of representative plasmid cDNA libraries. Gene 109:
5. Chen, Y.T., et al. 1993. Expression and localization of two low molecular
weight GTP-binding proteins, Rab8 and Rab10, by epitope tag. Proc. Natl.
Acad. Sci. USA 90: 6508-6512.
6. Kroll, D.J., et a