Discover card, see reverse >
Original for your records >
Diners Club card security features
Greater security with electronic processing
Electronic processing on a terminal at the point of
sale means that security checks are largely automatic.
However, you should always observe the following
security features as well.
1 Is the card genuine?
– Does the card have a holographic magnetic strip
featuring the logo of Diners Club International
repeatedly, the name and a map of the world?
Do these features change their colour when tilted
and do they seem to rotate?
– Is there an undamaged signature field on the
reverse of the card with the Diners Club Inter
national logo repeated (divided circle)?
– Are the complete card number or the last four
digits of the card number embossed in the
signature field, followed by the threedigit security
– Does the Diners Club International logo (divided
circle) become visible on the front of the card
under UV light?
– Is the card embossed or printed cleanly and free
of alteration, discoloration or other abnormality?
– Does the card contain the information “Member
2 Are the security features correct?
– The card number embossed on the front of the
card or the last four digits of the card number
must be the same as the number in the signature
field. Embossed card numbers have uniform sizes
and gaps and extend into the hologram (if present
on the front of the card).
– The card number and expiry date are printed on
the front of unembossed cards. These cards do
not have a security letter and are intended “for
electronic use only”.
3 Do the card numbers match?
Important: The last four digits of the number printed
on the terminal slip must match the last four digits of
the card number.
– Authorization is automatic.
– The 3digit security code is on the right, in the
4 Checking/confirming the cardholder’s identity
– Is the card signed?
– Has the signature field been corrected, erased or
Credit cards a