AMENDED AND RESTATED CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
(Originally incorporated under the name FINISAR DELAWARE CORPORATION)
(Pursuant to Section 245 of the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware)
Finisar Corporation, a corporation organized and existing under the General Corporation Law of the State of
Delaware on September 1, 1999 (the “Corporation”) certifies as follows:
1. The Corporation’s Restated Certificate of Incorporation was duly adopted by the Board of Directors by
unanimous written consent in accordance with Section 245 of the General Corporation Law.
2. The Corporation’s Restated Certificate of Incorporation only restates and integrates and does not further
amend the provisions of the Corporation’s Certificate of Incorporation as theretofore amended or supplemented,
and there is no discrepancy between those provisions and the provisions of the Restated Certificate.
3. The Corporation’s Certificate of Incorporation is restated to read in full as follows:
FIRST : The name of the Corporation is Finisar Corporation.
SECOND : The address of the registered office of the Corporation in the State of Delaware is Incorporating
Services, Ltd., 15 East North Street, in the City of Dover, County of Kent. The name of the registered agent at
that address is Incorporating Services, Ltd.
THIRD : The purpose of the Corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be
organized under the General Corporation Law of Delaware.
A. The total number of shares of all classes of stock which the Corporation will have authority to issue is seven
hundred fifty-five million (755,000,000), consisting of:
1. Five million (5,000,000) shares of preferred stock, par value one-tenth of one cent ($0.001) per share (the
“Preferred Stock”); and
2. Seven hundred fifty million (750,000,000) shares of common stock, par value one-tenth of one cent
($0.001) per share (the “Common Stock”).