Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2010
This courseware provides a fundamental understanding of utilizing 3ds Max for Design Visualization.
Although this courseware is designed for instructor-led courses, you can also use it for self-paced learning.
The courseware encourages self-learning through the use of the Autodesk® 3ds Max™ 2009 Help
system. Hands-on exercises throughout the courseware demonstrate the modeling process using
techniques that can be applied to the mainstream drafting industries.
The four primary objectives of this courseware are to teach students how to:
• Understand the basic functionality, features and principles behind 3ds Max Design 2009.
• Create and manipulate 3D data in 3ds Max Design.
• Import data from other 3D applications.
• Embellish scenes with the use of materials and maps.
• Create adequate lighting for your environments.
• Animate objects in the scene.
• Render still pictures and animations to disk for later viewing
Who should attend?
This courseware is designed for new users of
Autodesk 3ds Max Design.
Unless otherwise noted on your class registration e-
mail, this class starts each day at 9:00 am and ends
at 4:00 pm.
This course is designed for beginner users who want
to learn about 3D environments and want to use 3ds
Max Design for Design Visualization purposes.
It is recommended that you have:
• Have a working knowledge of a CAD application such
as Autodesk AutoCAD or Autodesk Revit.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®
2000, Microsoft® Windows® XP. Or Microsoft®
• User Interface Components
• Command Panels
• Other UI Elements
• Starting a Project
• Saving Files
• Merging Files
• File Linking
• Setting Preferences
• Object Creation
• Object Selection
• Scene Management
• Transform Too