Seite 1 von 2
FOR A GRANT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA FOR A 5-MONTHS
RESEARCH-STAY AT THE DEPARTMENT OF EAST EUROPEAN HISTORY AT
THE UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA FOR STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF
SKOPJE WHO ARE PRESENTLY ENROLLED IN A MASTER- OR PHD-
PROGRAMME IN THE FIELD OF ‘HISTORY’ AND FOR JUNIOR
SCHOLARS AT SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTIONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF
The UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA offers a grant from October 2008 until
February 2009 (incl.)
at the Department of East European History at the University of Vienna to do research
work for the master or doctoral thesis or on a major Post-doc research project.
Eligible candidates for the grant are students who are qualified for a master-/or PhD-
programme at their home-university and are working on their diploma/doctoral-thesis or a
major Post-doc research project. During their stay at the University of Vienna the successful
candidate should do intensive scientific research and participate in the academic life of the
Department of East European History. The continuous presence of the grant-holder in Vienna
during the grant-period is therefore required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic performance
- Very good command of English and/or German (language skills in German are
- A specific research project in the subject area of Southeast European (especially
Macedonian) history for the grant-period at the University of Vienna.
Documents required for application:
- Detailed description of the scientific project that should be carried out during the stay
at the University of Vienna.
- Motivation letter in which the candidate explains why he/she would like to do his/her
research work at the University of Vienna and how he/she thinks to take part in the
academic life of the University of Vienna.
- A letter of recommendation
- Detailed CV with postal delivery-address, Email-address and telephone number.
- Proof of English-proficiency /copies of certificates or