Page 1 of 6
1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels
b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signalling channel, & 1 Synchronizatio
2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second
b) 1 seconds
c) 4 seconds
d) 2 seconds
3. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one
b) more han one
c) two hops
d) four hops
4. What is the max. decimal number that can be accomodated in a byte.
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is stored in
c) flag register
d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz
b) 8 Khz
Page 2 of 6
c) 16 Khz
d) 64 Khz
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line
c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a MicroProcessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack.
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task
10. The status of the Kernel is
c) not defined.
d) none of the above.
11 What is the nominal voltage required in subscriber loop connected to local exchange?
a) +48 volts
Page 3 of 6