Assistant Store Manager Job Description
This position reports to the Store Manager.
The Assistant Store Manager supervises and motivates the Shift Supervisors and Customer Service
Associates, inspiring them to model the customer service experience in order to drive sales and exceed
customer expectations. The Assistant Store manager works in partnership with the Store Manager to coach
and train the store team to drive store sales. Assistant Store Managers must promote an engaging and
positive work environment that fosters open communication, encourages teamwork and inspires creativity.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Lead by example and exhibit an attitude that is one of positive, can do and customer first with all
• Coaches Customer Service Associates on how to excel at the Customer Service Initiative.
• Prioritize customer service over all other tasks at all times.
• Consistently perform all three steps of the Customer Service Initiative (GET):
Sincerely greets all customers with a business and/or product related inquiry/statement within
the first ten seconds of entering the store.
• Consistently engage customers by actively listening and determining the customer needs and
engaging them in spontaneous demonstration.
Thank customers upon exiting the store, regardless of whether a purchase has been made.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in technology in order to accurately and efficiently process customer
• Process all customer transactions in compliance with the Paper Source policy in a professional and
positive manner; sales, returns, gift certificates, store credits, special orders etc.
• Maintain store operations and visual merchandising standards to ensure a ‘grand opening’ look and
feel to our customers. Ensure a neat, clean and organized store at all times
• Resolve customer service related issues, elevating as needed to the Store Manager.
Drive Sales and Profitability: