CCNA 1 Module 3 V4.0
1. What application layer protocol is commonly used to support for file transfers
between a client and a server?
2. What are two forms of application layer software? (Choose two.)
3. A network administrator is designing a network for a new branch office of twenty-
five users. What are the advantages of using a client-server model? (Choose two.)
** centralized administration
does not require specialized software
** security is easier to enforce
lower cost implementation
provides a single point of failure
4. What is the purpose of resource records in DNS?
temporarily holds resolved entries
** used by the server to resolve names
sent by the client to during a query
passes authentication information between the server and client
5. What is the automated service that matches resource names with the required IP
6. What three protocols operate at the Application layer of the OSI model? (Choose
7. What are three properties of peer-to-peer applications? (Choose three.)
** acts as both a client and server within the same communication.
requires centralized account administration.
** hybrid mode includes a centralized directory of files.
** can be used in client-server networks.
requires a direct physical connection between devices.
centralized authentication is required.
8. Which application layer protocols correctly match a corresponding function?
DNS dynamically allocates IP addresses to hosts
** HTTP transfers data from a web server to a client
POP delivers email from the client to the server email server
SMTP supports file sharing
** Telnet provides a virtual connection for remote access
9. Which email components are used to forward mail between servers? (Choose