Industrial Extreme Pressure Gear Oil
Castrol Alpha SP Range are formulated with premium solvent-refined, base oils fortified with sulfur-
phosphorus. Compounds to impact anti-wear & extreme pressure properties. The combination of
base oils and additives is designed to meet all industrial gear oil applications. Alpha SP Range meet
AGMA, U.S. Steel and other industrial gear lubricant specifications.
Alpha SP Range are designed for use in all industrial lubricant applications where SP Range are
specified by the equipment manufacturers or called for by system requirements. For application while
operating or ambient temperatures are higher than normal, please consult your account manager
regarding various product operations.
• Alpha SP Range of gear oils are intended for use in all types of enclosed gears with circulation or
splash lubrication systems.
Large and small spur bevel, spiral, helical, herringbone.
• Application where gears and bearings are subject to shock loads.
• Oil mist-lubricated gears and bearings
• Excellent load carrying capacity - prevents premature wear of gear surfaces under rigorous
• Highly resistant to oxidation - prevents sludging and varnishing, thus providing long service life.
• Excellent corrosion resistance - protects internal surfaces from entrained air and moisture-induced
• Highly foam resistant - inhibited to prevent foam under the most rigorous operating loads.
Increased lubricity/wear protection - the sulfur/phosphorous anti-wear package promotes wear
protection and increased lubricity, thereby reducing gear case bulk oil temperatures.
ISO Viscosity Grade