PROPERTY: “Property” means:
(TAR-2009) 10-16-07 Initialed for Identification by Applicants:
Page 1 of 2
, and Landlord:
(city, state, zip)
2. APPLICATION AND DEPOSIT: In addition to the non-refundable application fee described in a residential lease
application that the undersigned Applicant(s) has submitted to the undersigned Landlord, Applicant has delivered to
Landlord an Application Deposit in the amount of $
3. HOLD: Landlord will remove the Property from the market and will not lease the Property to another person:
(Check only one box.)
(1) if and when Landlord approves Applicant as a tenant. Landlord is not obligated to remove the Property from the
market until Landlord notifies Applicant of approval.
(2) at the time this agreement becomes binding on the Landlord and Applicant.
4. OBLIGATIONS UPON APPROVAL OR NON-APPROVAL:
If Landlord approves Applicant as a tenant for the Property, Landlord will notify Applicant of the approval not later
than the 7th day after the date this agreement becomes binding.
B. Not later than the 2nd day after Landlord notifies Applicant of the approval, Applicant must sign a written lease for
the Property with terms described in this agreement and the Application Deposit will be credited to the security
deposit in the lease.
If Landlord does not approve Applicant or does not notify Applicant of approval within the time required, Landlord
will refund the Application Deposit to Applicant and this agreement will terminate.
If Landlord notifies Applicant of approval and Applicant fails to sign the lease within the time required, Landlord will
retain the Application Deposit and may lease the Property to another person.
If Applicant withdraws Applicant’s application or breaches this agreement, Landlord will retain the Application
Deposit and may lease the Property to another person.
5. LEASE TERMS: If Landlord approves Applicant, Landlord and Applicant will enter into a written lease with the following
terms on forms published by the Texas Association of R