The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal Federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy.
Page 1 of 4
U.S. Department of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics
January 12, 2022
Please see the attached form, which may assist you in reporting monthly to the Current
Employment Statistics (CES) program. Please use this form only for your internal use
and record keeping, if you wish.
Your company was selected as a part of a scientific sample of businesses throughout the
United States. The BLS will use the information you provide for statistical purposes only
and will hold the information in confidence to the full extent permitted by law. In
accordance with the Confidential Information Protection and Statistical Efficiency Act
(Title 5 of Public Law 107-347), the information you provide to the BLS will not be
disclosed in identifiable form without your informed consent.
Your assistance in producing this important information about our nation’s economy is
Page 2 of 4
► Some Definitions For The Questions On The Next Page That May Be Helpful.
Column 1 EMPLOYEE COUNT
Enter the total number of persons who worked or received pay for any part of the pay period including the 12th of the month.
▪ Elected or appointed officials
▪ Full-time or part-time employees
▪ Employees on paid vacation
▪ Employees on paid sick leave
▪ Employees on other paid leave
▪ Employees on active duty, if receiving pay from employer
▪ Institution inmates
▪ Outside contractors and their employees
▪ Employees on active duty, if not receiving pay from employer
▪ Employees on leave without pay the entire pay period
▪ Employees on strike the entire pay period
▪ Employees of State and Local school systems
Column 2 WOMEN EMPLOYEE COUNT
Enter the number of employees in column 1 who are women.
Page 3 of 4
► Information We Have For Your Firm: