Service Repair Manual
320D and 320D L Excavator
Model: 320D EXCAVATOR MZD
Configuration: 320D & 320D L Excavators MZD00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C6.6 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C6.6 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -KENR6081-15
Publication Date -01/03/2014
Date Updated -04/03/2014
Rocker Shaft and Pushrod - Install
SMCS - 1102-012; 1208-012
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
E10 Torx Socket
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
1. Clean the valve bridges. Inspect the valve bridges for wear or damage. Replace any valve
bridges that are worn or damaged.
2. Lubricate valve bridges (4) with clean engine oil.
The correct location of valve bridges on valve stems is shown. The electronic unit injector is not shown for
Failure to ensure that ALL valve bridges are correctly seated onto the
valve stems will cause interference between the pistons and the valves,
resulting in damage to the engine.
3. Install valve bridges (4) to the cylinder head.
Note: Install used valve bridges in the original location and in the original orientation.
Ensure that the valve bridges are correctly seated on the valves. New valve bridges may be
installed in either orientation.
4. Clean the pushrods. Inspect the pushrods for wear or damage. Replace any pushrods that are
worn or damaged.
5. Apply clean engine lubricating oil to both ends of pushrods (3). Install the pushrods to the
engine with the cup upward.