1. Using 9-inch skillet, saute onion in oil over medium-low heat, until
tender. Push onions to side of pan and increase to medium heat.
2. Add cubed steak. Brush with half the barbecue sauce.
3. Cook 4 minutes. Flip steak over and brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
Cook on low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Serve smothered with onions.
Makes approximately two 3 ounce servings
Barbecued Cube Steak
• 1 small onion sliced into wedges
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1/2 pound cubed steak (or turkey cutlets)
• 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
Cooking Solo: American Institute for Cancer Research Information Series Part III, 1759 R. Street, N.W., Washington, D.C., 20009, 1996
Amount Per Serving
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber less than 1 gram
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or
lower depending on your calorie needs:
Less than 65g
Less than 20g
Less than 300mg
Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4