MOLECULAR SIMULATIONS INCORPORATED
AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This is an Amendment (hereinafter "Amendment") to the Employment Agreement ("Employment Agreement")
dated November 30, 1995 between Saiid Zarrabian ("Employee"), an individual residing in San Diego, CA, and
Molecular Simulations Incorporated (the "Company"), a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the
State of Delaware, with its principal place of business at 9685 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA. This Amendment
is made by and between Employee and the Company as of the first day of October, 1997.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
1. 1997 Salary. The first sentence of Section 2.1 of the Employment, Agreement Agreement is hereby amended
in its entirety to read as follows:
"Effective January 1, 1997, Employee shall be compensated at an annual base salary of one hundred eighty-seven
thousand dollars ($187,000) during the Term of this Agreement."
2. 1997 Bonus Target and Bonus Calculations. For purposes of Section 2.3 of the Employment Agreement,
Employee's target bonus for 1997 shall be one hundred forty thousand dollars ($140,000). Such bonus for 1997
shall be based on the achievement of the revenue and income goals for MSI set forth on Exhibit A hereto, and
such bonus will be adjusted upwardly or downwardly based on performance against such goals in the manner
described in Exhibit A.
3. Amendment to Severance Provision. Clause (a) of Section 7.3 of the Employment Agreement is hereby
amended in its entirety to read as follows:
"(a) Employee will be entitled to receive his 1997 base salary during the one year period following the effective
date of his termination of employment (the "Severance Period")."
4. Employee's Change of Address. For purposes of Section 8.3 of the Employment Agreement, Employee's
current address is P.O. Box 675765, 17214 Via Cuatro Caminos, Rancho Santa Fe, California 92067.
5. General. Except as amended hereby, the Employment Agreement shall remain