SECOND AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This SECOND AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT (this "Amendment") is made and entered
into as of October 16, 2006 by and between HELIX BIOMEDIX, INC., a Delaware corporation ("Helix"), and
R. STEPHEN BEATTY ("Employee").
WHEREAS, Helix and Employee entered into an Employment Agreement effective July 1, 2003, as amended
(the "Agreement"); and
WHEREAS, Helix and Employee wish to further amend the Agreement as provided herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises, the mutual covenants of the parties hereinafter set forth
and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the
parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Section 2 of the Agreement is hereby amended and restated in its entirety as follows:
"Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the term hereof ("Term") shall commence on July 1, 2003
and will continue in effect unless and until terminated by either the Company or Executive as set forth herein."
2. The second sentence of Section 3(a) of the Agreement is hereby amended and restated in its entirety as
"The Board shall review Executive's compensation and performance annually, and Executive shall be eligible for
an increase in his base salary or other compensation based on such review."
3. Section 3(e) of the Agreement is hereby amended and restated in its entirety as follows:
"Executive shall be entitled to receive four weeks paid vacation and all benefits (such as medical, dental, sick
leave, disability, and retirement benefits) as are generally available from time to time to employed senior
executives of the Company."
4. The effective date of this Amendment shall be June 30, 2006.
5. The parties hereto hereby acknowledge the continuing effect of the Agreement except as specifically modified
by this Amendment.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Amendment as of the day and year first abo