PHILLIPS-VAN HEUSEN CORPORATION
SUPPLEMENTAL SAVINGS PLAN
(Effective as of January 1, 1991)
(As Amended and Restated Effective as of July 1, 1995)
1. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (the "Company") has heretofore adopted a non-qualified plan of deferred
compensation in order to restore to the participants therein benefits which have been lost under the Associates
Investment Plan as a result of the application of the provisions of sections 401(a)(17),
401(k), 401(m) and 415 of the Code and to provide deferred compensation to those management or highly
compensated employees of the Company and its various Subsidiaries who were eligible to participate.
2. The Company believes that the Supplemental Savings Plan (the "Plan") (which was originally adopted as the
"Supplemental Defined Contribution Plan") will promote continuity of management and increased incentive and
personal interest in the welfare of the Company by those who are or may become primarily responsible for
shaping and carrying out the long range plans of the Company and securing its continued growth and financial
3. The Company has amended the Associates Investment Plan effective as of July 1, 1995 to provide additional
benefits to the participants thereunder.
4. In conjunction with the amendment of the Associates Investment Plan referred to in Recital 3, the Company
desires to amend and restate the Plan effective as of July 1, 1995.
5. Certain of the terms used herein which are defined (and set forth in alphabetical order) in Article IX hereof
shall have the respective meanings ascribed thereto by the provisions of said Article IX. NOW, THEREFORE,
the Company hereby amends and restates the Plan effective as of July 1, 1995 so that it shall read follows:
1.01 Each person who (a) is a management or highly compensated employee of the Company and/or one or
more of its Subsidiaries within the meaning of sections 201(2), 301(a)(3) and 401(a)(1) of ERISA, (b) shall have