Jun 28, 2017 | Adam Clarke |
Terms used for the different Parts of the Guitar
● The basics of guitar lessons start by deciphering the various parts of the instrument.
● One should acquaint themselves with the common terms used to denote parts of the guitar.
● Terms such as headstock, fretboard/fingerboard, frets, neck, body among others.
How to hold a Guitar
● Try and hold the guitar in a sitting position first rather than standing.
● Holding (also playing) a guitar with ease often depends on the dominant hand.
● Practice holding it so that when you start learning it, holding a guitar won’t make you feel uneasy.
What is Strumming and Picking?
● Strumming and picking are the most common ways of playing the instrument.
● When you swing your pick or thumb across two or more strings is strumming.
● When you use a finger, thumb, or a pick to strike a single string at a time is picking.
Helpful tips for Guitar Amateurs
● Spend some time watching videos of great guitar players.
● Keep your ears open to different styles of guitar playing.
● Familiarize yourself with well-known rhythm as well as lead guitarists.
Hi there, I am Adam, and I teach guitar at Seattle Guitar Mentor. Apart from teaching music, I love to read and write poetry.