Business Improvement and Technology
Presented by Fergal Coleman, February 2009
• Bua Consulting.
• Key Facts.
• Case Study.
• Group Work.
Bua Consulting – Developing A Virtual Company
• Business Model: Virtual company delivering strategic internet advice and
solutions from anywhere in the world.
• We help clients to create successful online businesses. And we practice
what we preach!
• Business Processes automated and conducted via the internet (within
• Collaborative projects with partners across Melbourne, Victoria, Ireland,
India . Information on projects needs to be available anytime, anywhere.
• The internet will be the dominant platform in the near future (Service
Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web 2.0)
Google Apps www.google.com/a/
Email, Calendar, Spreadsheets, Word Processing for up to 100 people.
Central Desktop www.centraldesktop.com
• Online Collaboration.
Project Management – set tasks and timelines, milestones, notifications.
Extranet for document sharing and development (wikis).
Bua Consulting Content Management System:
• SMS notifications.
Booking system for seminars, Ecommerce for online training services.
Automated, Email newsletter system, online logins.
• Skype www.skype.com
• Free voice calls with partners
• Overseas telephone calls at local rates.
• Web Conferencing (www.gotomeeting.com, www.webex.com)
• Web conferencing with 1 to 1000 people.
• Ability to record sessions – also www.camtasia.com.
• Online Accounting Software (www.saasu.com , www.xero.com).
• Online Training and Coaching – Mindshop Online
• Online Presentations – www.docstoc.com , www.slideshare.net.
• Virtual Seminars (www.secondlife.com , www.vivat