SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
2006 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
Amended as of June 29, 2006
1. Purposes of the Plan . The purposes of this Plan are:
• to attract and retain the best available personnel for positions of substantial responsibility,
• to provide incentives to individuals who perform services to the Company, and
• to promote the success of the Company’s business.
The Plan permits the grant of Incentive Stock Options, Nonstatutory Stock Options, Restricted
Stock, Restricted Stock Units, Stock Appreciation Rights, Performance Units, Performance Shares and other
stock or cash awards as the Administrator may determine.
2. Definitions . As used herein, the following definitions will apply:
(a) “ Administrator ” means the Board or any of its Committees as will be administering the
Plan, in accordance with Section 4 of the Plan.
(b) “ Affiliate ” means any corporation or any other entity (including, but not limited to,
partnerships and joint ventures) controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Company.
(c) “ Applicable Laws ” means the requirements relating to the administration of equity-
based awards under U.S. state corporate laws, U.S. federal and state securities laws, the Code, any stock
exchange or quotation system on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted and the applicable laws of any
foreign country or jurisdiction where Awards are, or will be, granted under the Plan.
(d) “ Award ” means, individually or collectively, a grant under the Plan of Options,
Restricted Stock, Restricted Stock Units, Stock Appreciation Rights, Performance Units, Performance Shares