SARA LEE CORPORATION
FISCAL YEARS 1995 - 1997
This booklet explains the plan provisions of the Sara Lee Corporation Long-Term Performance Incentive Plan
covering fiscal years 1995 through 1997. The pages which follow provide detailed information relating to the
grant you have received.
The key features of this plan are summarized below. In some countries outside the United States, variations may
occur to comply with local tax provisions.
RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE SHARES
- - Shares of Sara Lee stock are issued in your name, and held at Corporate Office.
- - You have voting rights on all shares throughout the Performance Cycle.
- - The number of shares which will be released to you depends on group and/or corporate performance during
the Performance Cycle.
- - An opportunity to earn additional shares if performance exceeds target is also provided.
- - Dividends are accrued on your behalf through the Performance Cycle.
- - Interest on accrued dividends is credited at same rate applicable under the SLC Deferred Compensation
- - Dividends and interest on shares originally granted are distributed to you to the extent shares are earned at the
end of the Performance Cycle.
- - Operating Group performance is a key measure during this Performance Cycle.
- - One or more of the following measures apply:
- SLC Earnings Per Share
- SLC Return on Capital
- SLC Return on Average Common Equity
- Group Operating Profit
- Group Return on Investment
Sara Lee Corporation ("SLC") has adopted the Fiscal Years 1995 - 1997 Long-Term Performance Incentive
Plan (the "LTPIP") for A-level executives employed in one of the Groups listed in Appendix I as periodically
updated to reflect organizational changes. The LTPIP exists in order to:
- - Support the Entrepreneurial Management initiative by recognizing improvements in operating group
- - Create incentives for management