1. Alexander Hamilton's picture is on the (1)_______ dollar bill.
2. What was Mrs. Hamilton's maiden name and when were they married?
3. Who was the first Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court? (1) ___________________What
famous document did he co-author with Hamilton and James Madison? (2)______________________
4. Who named her cat "Hamilton"?
a. Theodesia Burr
b. Martha Washington
c. Elizabeth Schuyler
d. Jane Addams
5. How did Alexander Hamilton die?
6. Find the portrait of the man who killed Alexander Hamilton. True or False: he is facing the front.
7. Where did Alexander Hamilton grow up?
d. St. Croix
8. “Alexander Hamilton began working as a merchant's clerk when he was (1)________ years old. His
intelligence and determination to make something of himself inspired local (2)_______________ to
send him to New York to be (3)_______________.”
9. After coming to New York, what was Hamilton doing during the six months he spent in Elizabethtown,
10. Hamilton prevented an angry mob from doing something to Rev. Myles Cooper, President of King's
College. What was the mob trying to do?
a. beat him up
b. hang him
c. tar and feather him
d. take him to jail
Alexander Hamilton: The Man Who Made Modern America
on exhibit at the
Gail Borden Public Library through February 13, 2009
11. How many major battles did Hamilton fight in during the Revolutionary War?
12. To what rank was Hamilton promoted in March 1777?
13. Hamilton was the ghostwriter for one of the most famous speeches in American history. Which speech
14. What were the Federalist Papers?
15. Who wrote two-thirds of the 85 Federalist Papers?
a. George Washington
b. Alexander Hamilton
c. Rufus King
d. Benjamin Franklin
16. At the (1)__________________ Convention in Philadelphia in (2)________, delegates produced a