What you should know when hosting your event at the
1. Site visits are encouraged. Tours are available when there are no other events happening.
2. Reservation holds must be made in person or by email. The reservation will be held for two (2)
weeks. If deposit is not paid by the two (2) week mark, the date will be released.
3. Rental times must include ALL set-up and clean-up times.
4. All contracts need to be signed in person. Half of the room rental is due at the time of signing.
5. All rental fees are due 60 days before your rental date. Payments may be in the form of check or
6. All event space needs to be cleared and cleaned by midnight. There is a $200.00 per hour fee if
group stays past midnight.
Certificate of Liability Insurance: The Client shall, at their own expense, procure and maintain, for so long as
it uses or occupies the Alumni Center space, public liability and property damage insurance for protection
against liabilities related to the use or occupancy of the space, with a minimum combined single limit
capability of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence. Host liquor liability is $1,000,000 per occurrence.
Liability insurance carried by the Client shall be commercial general liability which should include but not be
limited to contractual liability, broad form property damage, personal injury and products and completed
operations coverage. It should name the Alumni Center as additional insured. Paperwork must be submitted
fourteen (14) days prior to event. Failure to obtain proper insurance can result in cancellation of event and all
Selection of Caterer: All Caterers must be approved in advance by the Events Department and will be
required to provide proof of liability insurance naming the Alumni Center/Association and Sacramento State
University as additional insured with a minimum combined single limit capability of not less than $1,000,000