CCNA Exploration2: Routing Protocols –
Chapter 1 Exam
01. Which two statements correctly describe the components of a router? (Choose
RAM permanently stores the configuration file used during the boot sequence.
ROM contains diagnostics executed on hardware modules.
NVRAM stores a backup copy of the IOS used during the boot sequence.
Flash memory does not lose its contents during a reboot.
ROM contains the most current and most complete version of the IOS.
Flash contains boot system commands to identify the location of the IOS.
Which interfaces in the exhibit could be used for a leased line WAN connection?
03. If a router cannot find a valid configuration file during the startup sequence,
what will occur?
The startup sequence will reset.
The router will prompt the user for a response to enter setup mode.
The startup sequence will halt until a valid configuration file is acquired.
The router will generate a default configuration file based on the last valid
The router will monitor local traffic to determine routing protocol configuration
04. Which of the following is the correct flow of routines for a router startup?
load bootstrap, load IOS, apply configuration
load bootstrap, apply configuration, load IOS
load IOS, load bootstrap, apply configuration, check hardware
check hardware, apply configuration, load bootstrap, load IOS
05. What is the default sequence for loading the configuration file?
NVRAM, FLASH, ROM
NVRAM, TFTP, CONSOLE
FLASH, TFTP, ROM
06. From what location can a router load the Cisco IOS during the boot process?
07. Which are functions of a router? (Choose three.)
extension of network segments
segmentation of broadcast domains
selection of best path based on logical addressing
selection of best path ba