FIRST AMENDMENT TO LEASE AGREEMENT
THIS AMENDMENT of Lease (this “Amendment”) is made and entered into this 15 th day of August, 2001, by and
between WESTERN CENTER PROPERTIES, INC. (“Landlord”) and PPD DEVELOPMENT, LLC (“Tenant”).
W I T N E S S E T H:
WHEREAS, the Tenant entered into a lease, dated April 30, 2001 of certain space located at 8551 Research Way,
Middleton, Wisconsin (the “Lease”), in a Building known as the Research Center (“Building”); and
WHEREAS, the Landlord is the current owner of the real estate which is the subject matter of the Lease; and
WHEREAS, the parties desire to extend the terms of their Lease on the Terms and Conditions contained herein;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein and for other good and valuable
consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, it is agreed as follows:
1. Additional Space : Landlord shall lease to Tenant approximately 9,533 square feet of adjacent space (“Additional Space”) as
defined on Exhibit A (attached).
2. Rent : The initial rent for the Additional Space shall be Ten dollars and Ninety- Seven cents ($10.97) per square foot or One
Hundred Four Thousand Five Hundred Seventy-Seven dollars and Zero cents ($104,577.00) annually, which sum shall be
payable in equal consecutive monthly installments of Eight Thousand Seven Hundred Fourteen Dollars and Seventy-Five cents
($8,714.75) (based upon 9,533 square feet). On each annual anniversary of the Commencement Date, the rent for the Additional
Space shall be increased by three (3%) percent.
3. Commencement Date : The initial term of the lease for this Additional Space shall begin on January 1, 2002.
4. Rent Commencement Date : Landlord agrees that payment of rent for the Additional Space shall commence on February1,
5. Termination Date . The lease for the Additional Space added by this amendment shall terminate on November 30, 2011.
6. Pro Rata S