Families Improving Education Initiative
FIE Proposal Template
The proposal and all supporting documents should be submitted electronically to Rosario Perez at
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on May 15, 2009. Applicants will be notified of final funding
decisions by June 15, 2009. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that Families In Schools receives all
required documents. If you do not receive a confirmation email from FIS upon submission of your proposal,
assume that it was not received and contact Rosario Perez immediately at (213) 484-2870, extension 240.
Late proposals will not be accepted.
I. Cover Letter (Signed by the Board Chair and Executive Director)
II. Proposal Narrative
A. Planning Process (2 pages maximum; 25% of total points)
• How were coalitions, partners, and constituents “voices” used to plan and prioritize?
• What research, data, and other information guided your planning?
• How did the logic model help you to develop your advocacy plan?
• How was the planning grant used to develop your advocacy plan (include an itemized list and
description of your expenses as an attachment)?
• What are the areas of strength or improvement your organization identified through the
Alliance for Justice’s Capacity Assessment Tool?
• What gaps (identified through the Capacity Assessment Tool) do you wish to strengthen
through the FIE initiative?
B. Advocacy Plan (5 pages maximum; 45% of total points)
• What is the education issue you will be addressing?
• Why is the issue critical? Please include supporting data.
• What is the targeted population and geographic area that will benefit?
• What are the factors that may affect your success? Are there any sub-issues?
• Describe the changes in policy/practice that you hope to achieve? For example, will you
create a policy where none exists, reform an ineffective or harmful policy, or ensure that
existing policies are implemented and enforced?
• What are the interim outcomes that you hope to achieve