Fall Semester 2000
Instructions—please read carefully.
1. Use a separate bluebook for each question. You are limited to one bluebook for
questions 1 and 3 and two bluebooks for question 2. Note: this is a change from what I told
you in class. Be sure your exam number is on each bluebook you turn in. Also, put the
number of the question on the bluebook.
2. Write on only one side of a page. Write legibly. Do not use a pencil or light-colored
ink. Do not write in the margin.
3. Think before you begin writing. Organize your answer and thoughts first.
4. You may bring the Foundation Press version of The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
2000 (the “Rulebook”)with you to the exam. You are permitted to write in your own
handwriting in your Rulebook.
5. If you did not author any of the material you have written into your rulebook and you
quote that material in your exam answer, you must use quotation marks to identify the language
as non-original and you must cite the source. You are not required to use quotation marks to
identify language from cases from the textbook used in the course.
6. Failure to follow any of these instructions may result in loss of points.
7. If your answer to an issue means that other issues raised by other facts further along
would not arise, assume that the other issues will arise and discuss them.
8. Question Number One will probably require about one hour, question Number
Two will probably require two hours and question Number Three will require one hour.
9. If you use abbreviations, write the word the first time you use it and identify the
abbreviation you will be using in parentheses after the word, for example: Rule (R).
Exam Question 1
Adhesives International Inc. (“Adhesives”) is an Oregon corporation. Adhesives
manufactures a variety of adhesives for the construction industry, including electrical tape,
painter’s tape and duct tape. From its manufacturing plant in Oregon it ships duct tape to