AFTERCARE TIPS TO FOLLOW
POST A PRIVATE INGROWN
TOENAIL SURGERY IN LONDON
You are familiar with the pain if you got a medical procedure done for your ingrown toenail.
While there are over-the-counter medications that can help you heal faster, here are some expert
tips to speed the recovery after a private ingrown toenail surgery in London:
❑ 10 Tips For Ensuring Speedy Recovery Post-Toenail Surgery
1. Limit your activities for the first few days, and do not strain your feet.
2. While sitting, keep your leg straight and elevated using cushions, chairs, etc.
3. Soak the foot in warm water to dry the wound faster. You can also add medicated liquids or
Epsom salts after consulting the doctor.
4. Use an antibiotic ointment on the wound at least twice daily or as prescribed by the doctor,
5. Wear comfortable shoes which are not too tight or too loose.
It is advised to wear open-toed shoes and sandals for the first two weeks, so there is no
contact with the wound.
7. The wound should always be dry, except when bathing or cleaning the injury.
8. Keep the bandage on until the wound heals completely. Exposing the wound can further
infect it, leading to complications.
9. Only go back to running, jogging, or heavy exercises once the doctor gives a green signal.
10. Do not pick at the wound.
Following these ten tips, you can ensure a speedy recovery. Besides providing private ingrown
toenail surgeries, foot clinics also offer treatment for fungal nail infections in London. Here are
five kinds of remedies you can expect to receive based on severity:
❑ 5 Remedies for Toenail Infection
1. Topical ointments are the most common and simplest ones. They are ideal for minor
2. The next is prescribed oral medications. However, it can have some side effects, especially on
those with chronic diseases.
3. Medicated nail paints are a unique approach to healing the fungal infection while concealing
it and looking trendy.
4. Like private ingrown toenail surgery in London, fungal nail infections can also be remedied